This entry was originally posted more than three years ago, on January 20th, 2005. I must say, I sounded very angry… I had a miscarriage in October, and found out I was pregnant (with Fiona) in late December, and was having all sorts of issues. For the entire first 3 months of pregnancy, I was bleeding bright red blood. Medically it’s called a “subchorionic hemotoma.” It’s a blood clot the size of the baby, sitting right next to the sac. Those 3 months were some of the most excruciating months of my life, ranking right up there with chemo. Thankfully, it resolved itself after 3 months and Fiona turned out to be very healthy.
I’ve grown a bit and learned quite a lot since then. I need to acquire more patience though. Hopefully y’all will still love me after reading this
* * *
1. I have a unique first name.
2. In fact, I have three first names, all unique.
3. English is not my first language.
4. I’m a carnivore. I’ve eaten many a type of meat.
5. I’m also a huge lover of veggies and fruits.
6. I rarely drink alcohol, never smoked, and never taken (street) drugs.
7. I don’t take much caffeine.
8. I’m not a Mormon nor a Jehovah Witness.
9. Some say I’m boring.
10. I say I’m just a good girl. And a cheap date.
11. I’m an atheist. (edited: I grew up in China where religion is pretty nonexistent. Husband is Catholic and children are too.)
12. I didn’t have any toys while growing up.
13. Still, I had a very happy childhood.
14. I had cancer at age 24.
15. I was never ill before that. Ever.
16. I lost a lot of friends.
17. Cynical became my middle name.
18. Anger became my last name.
19. We had just moved to a new city/neighborhood/house.
20. I had just graduated from college.
21. I had just started my first full-time job.
22. I lost every single strand of body hair, except for eyebrows and eyelashes.
23. I hate needles.
24. I will never get a tattoo, aside from the 3 dots I already have from when I had radiation therapy.
25. I don’t believe in all the crap that says adversities are our lessons in life.
26. I say there are better ways to learn those lessons than through suffering.
27. I loathe people who throw their religion at me, especially those that don’t practice what they preach.
28. I got married at 24. Two months before they told me about the cancer.
29. I knew 7 people at our wedding of 170 guests.
30. My husband and I met online.
31. It was not through personal ads.
32. We never dated online.
33. He’s tall. He’s hot. He’s GQ.
34. We have one wonderful child, a baby boy.
35. Our baby boy is tall, chubby, smart, fun, funny, and is multi-lingual.
36. We want more children.
37. I have tiny boobs.
38. I had a lot of breast milk to offer our son while breastfeeding.
39. I have a hard time finding nice clothes because I’m short and small and I don’t fancy fashion in the children section.
40. I’m usually 100 +/- 5 pounds in weight.
41. I’m not a morning person.
42. I’m an engineer.
43. I’m geeky, nerdy, and a tad anti-social.
44. I’m also anti-Bush and his gang. Make that very anti.
45. I don’t wear glasses and I don’t carry pens in my shirt pocket like Dilbert.
46. It’s very easy to get on my good side, just be nice to me.
47. It’s very easy to get on my bad side, too. Be mean once and you’re to remain there for eons.
48. Some say I’m judgmental.
49. I say I have strong opinions and a strong mind.
50. I hate smokers who smoke around children. Or around nonsmokers. Or around me.
51. I hate smokers in general. Not at the person, but at the choice of habit.
52. I had many years of second hand smoking.
53. I prefer Coke. Not Pepsi. And definitely not Root Beer.
54. I don’t understand the whole ice cream on top of soft drink thing.
55. I failed the written driver’s test 3 times, the driving test 2 times before I got my license.
56. I used to get car motion sickness.
57. I used to have road rage.
58. I had 6 speeding tickets in 6 years.
59. I’ve been involved in 2 car accidents; both times were rear-ended by someone.
60. I cannot wear high heels.
61. I don’t like to wear pantyhose.
62. When my hair is short, I want long hair. And vice versa.
63. I giggle every time I hear the name “Harry” and have visions of a man who resembles a baboon. (Sincere apologies to all Harry’s. I just cannot help it.)
64. I have great dexterity with my fingers.
65. I don’t do any knitting/crocheting/whatever needle work.
66. Someday, I want to learn how to quilt. And knit.
67. I have great dexterity with my tongue and can tie a cherry stem with it.
68. I occasionally have pimples on my temples. It drives me crazy.
69. Ignorant people also drive me crazy.
70. I usually make telemarketers hang up before I do.
71. I like to be the center of attention. Unless the group is >10.
72. I snorkeled once. I loved it.
73. When I retire, I want to travel the world with my husband.
74. We don’t have any pets.
75. My favorite color is yellow.
76. My favorite flowers are daisies. All varieties.
77. I’m allergic to mosquitoes.
78. We live in a state where the mock state bird is mosquito.
79. I don’t like the cold.
80. We live in a state where temperature can go as low as -30F.
81. Someday we will move.
82. I once built a bridge using toothpicks and glue.
83. My favorite chocolate is Rocher. I love nuts.
84. I prefer milk chocolate, not dark.
85. I’m frugal. My husband says ‘miser’ fits better.
86. I used to be lactose intolerant.
87. I’m afraid of heights.
88. Am not afraid of flying or climbing / hiking mountains.
89. I don’t like sharing living spaces with roommates/non-familly people.
90. I was not born in America.
91. I’ve never watched The Wizard of Oz, The Sound of Music, Casablanca, or any of the ‘American Classics’
92. I feel just as American as the next guy.
93. Somedays I want to move out of the US.
94. I enjoyed photography as a teenager.
95. Some friends call me Photogenic.
96. I don’t have a lot of friends. See #16. Also see #43.
97. Most of the friends that I do have live very far from us.
98. I took a lot of belly pictures when I was pregnant with our son.
99. I always jokingly say I’d like to have half dozen children.
100. Maybe I make fun of it, but it’s truly what I want?
* * *
Looks like we accomplished #81. But I’m not sure if we moved south enough to be any warmer! It’s 2F as I’m typing this, at 10:35p.m. That’s before the windchill is factored in there.
#93 - More so about frustration with the current administration than not liking living in the US, as I love living here.
#95? Hehee. Photogenic. Photojennic. Get it?
#100 - I’m not so sure. I have to get some decent sleep (i.e. not interrupted and not woken up at 5:30a.m. nearly every single day) before I can make that decision.